Is Target coming to Canada? It looks like they're trying! But, it looks like they've been trying for 10 years with no success. Apparently someone else has rights to the Target name in Canada, but Target continues to fight. I'm going to keep hoping, because there is just something about Target that I haven't found a replacement for (maybe it is the Minnesota girl in me?). I can find almost anything I need there, and I find it actually to be a therapeutic experience. I can't walk into one without spending $100, but I guess that is ok now that I only get to one on occasion. I know I'm a bit crazy about my need for Target, but apparently I'm not alone as I know that many Canadians drive to Buffalo to shop and always make it to Target!
While we wait for 2015 and the arrival of Target, we do have Wal-Mart (I guess no one had that name?!) here in Canada. As I mentioned in a previous post, we shop for everyday items at the local drugstores. Though prices are much better at Wal-Mart than the local stores, it is just too inconvenient for everyday needs. For larger items like our toaster, we go to Wal-Mart, and the location closest to us is pleasant (well except on a weekend during the holiday season, then avoid at all costs!). Maybe it is because there isn't a Target to compete with, but I'd call it higher end then most Wal-Marts I've been to in the US. If you want to buy in even larger quantities, you won't find Sam's Club here (had 6 locations, but they've closed), but there is Costco.
There is also a store called Canadian Tire where Canadians tend to go to buy things we'd buy at Target or Wal-Mart. I'm trying to warm-up to Canadian Tire, but I'm not there. To me it is kind of like a cross between a Menards and a Wal-Mart, and it makes me feel uncomfortable just walking in there - aisles are messy and narrow, and it can be difficult to find things. Hurry up, Target! When you get here, there will be demand!
No Target?! It's my favorite store! Hope it arrives soon girl! Xoxo
ReplyDelete