In an effort to keep everyone up-to-date on this all important subject, here is a link to a press release: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/target-corporation-to-acquire-interest-in-canadian-real-estate-from-zellers-inc-a-subsidiary-of-hudsons-bay-company-for-c1825-billion-113449674.html
It says that Target has signed a deal to purchase the leasehold interest in up to 220 sites currently owned by Zellers. And, the best news is that Target will be in Canada by 2013 - that is two years from now! Much better than the four years we heard about a little while back. One step closer to the joy I get from a trip to Target!
I'm doing a happy dance!! Let me know if you need a Target shopping buddy. It'll be so nice to not have to drive to Buffalo to get my fix. :)
ReplyDeleteDefinitely! I miss Target so much and while a trip to Buffalo every once and a while isn't the end of the world, it is such a pain! I'm starting the 2 year count down now!
ReplyDeleteI hope they are nicer stores in the GTA. The Buffalo store is kind of run down and my fiance doesn't quite get all the hoopla about Target. I'm used to my Super Targets with grocery stores and a great selection of Archer Farms products. With taking over Zellers though, the locations probably won't be large enough to do Super Targets. I'll just be happy to any Target though. It's so much better than Walmart.
ReplyDelete