Thursday, February 3, 2011

TO Restaurants: Akai Sushi

I posted a review on Yelp a while back about this sushi place near us on the restaurant stretch of Harbord, but realized it never made the blog because the review was pre-blog.  It is a great little place, and while we're surrounded by options on Bloor, Akai is leagues above the other options (slightly more expensive as well but prices are very reasonable for what you get - just maybe not the top option for students).  We go a few times a month and though I've never craved sushi before, I crave Akai often.  I love everything I've tried - and my favorite are the spicy crunch rolls.  Lately I've been keeping my eye out to see if any restaurants (Chinese, Thai, and sushi) offer brown rice, and hadn't found a single one.  At Akai  yesterday I realized they offer it so I gave it a try, and it reaffirmed my love for Akai!  They usually give us a small appetizer and a green tea ice cream dessert on the house which are always tasty!  The only thing I would change is there are a couple of mini sushi dishes on display that I think are unnecessary and look like they belong somewhere else.  Definitely recommend it - give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment