Monday, February 7, 2011

Netflix Canada

When we were moving to Toronto, I remember feeling disappointed that we weren't going to have some things I was used to in the states - among them Target stores, Amazon.com, and Netflix.  Well, I have to say these things are much less missed now than they were 6 months ago.  As I mentioned, Target announced plans to be here by 2013.  Also, Amazon.ca has recently increased their product offering significantly so while you can't get as much as you could in the US, it is no longer limited to books, CDs, etc.  And now Netflix is available in Canada!

Netflix Canada is limited to streaming only so no DVD delivery is available (there are other companies who offer this service in Canda - Zip.ca, Canflix).  The streaming plan costs $7.99/month which I find extremely reasonable (yes I just said something is a reasonable price in Toronto!).  Considering it can cost $8 for HD movies on Rogers, to get a full month of movies for $7.99 sounds like a steal!  The selection of movies is more than sufficient for me but I don't watch a ton of movies.  They also have TV series available, which I haven't used but plan to!  So if you have a computer or a WII, XBOX, PS3, Apple TV, iPhone, etc - you can get Netflix now and start streaming.  It is the little things in life and having Netflix in Canada is one of them that makes me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment