![]() |
| Logo from Canada Post website |
While I’m sure this will not make or break your decision to move to Toronto, you should know that the mail is only delivered Monday through Friday in Canada. Since most things are electronic these days, it isn’t such a big deal for us. And, FedEx is open if you need to ship something urgently. A stamp for a regular letter mailed to an address within Canada costs $0.57, and Canada Post says it takes 2 to 4 business days to deliver. To the US, a stamp costs $1.00, and it takes 4-6 business days. I’m definitely learning to plan ahead better for birthdays and holidays. Prices will go up even a few cents more next year - maybe I should have included this in my post on how expensive things are in Canada, but the take home message is really just that most things are more expensive here. I guess if USPS charged these prices and closed on Saturdays, it might not have so many financial problems?

No comments:
Post a Comment