Canadian Halloween is the same day as US Halloween, and I hope you all got out and enjoyed it! Halloween here seems to be celebrated basically the same here as in the US - with pumpkins and candy and costumes, trick-or-treating and parties. Since it is on a Sunday this year, most "adults" celebrated over the weekend though there are still plenty of parties Sunday. I dressed up for the first time since college - I was Cher, Matt Sonny. Saturday night we were out down east of Spadina, between Queen and King, and it was CRAZY out!
We had our first trick-or-treaters in 5 years. In NYC, people do not come trick-or-treat at apartment buildings. I never figured out if that was for safety reasons or because all of the apartments have a front door that is locked...but we made it happen here. I stocked up on some candy, but when I opened it to get ready, I realized the candy was really small - at least 1/2 the size of the candy normally handed out in the US. Now in theory that is probably not a bad thing, no kid needs to consume the amount of candy I used to consume from Halloween. But, you never want to be the one house handing out the "smallest" candy. Luckily I had plenty of Canadians to rely on and they said I bought the right size - you just give out at least a few to each kid. We had a good amount of kids come by between 6:30 and 8, but still had candy left.
We got some Halloween flurries in the morning, which is always rough for the costumes (can you see the snow in the picture?!). We're expectng our first frost tonight. And, I learned that the kick-off to the Christmas shopping season really starts now since they already had Thanksgiving. They say that all of the shop windows will be set for Christmas tomorrow...now that is early!

And you didn't post a picture of you in your costumes?
ReplyDeleteSherry
Well, the costumes were developed around 4 pm yesterday so not that great - and no pics worthy of posting...Though Matt looked "good" in his moustache.
ReplyDelete